It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Sunday, February 28, 2010

The definition of a Missionary. . . .

Someone who leaves their family for a
SHORT TIME,
so others can be with their families for an
ETERNITY.
Last night, during Stake Conference, we had the opportunity to hear from the Sister Missionaries. I was so excited to hear from them not only because they are missionaries, but because I will be having my own missionary out in 18 days. When she shared this, I started to cry. My son will be bringing souls to Christ! Brendon will also be helping families to become ETERNAL.
What an amazing way to spend the next two years.
I have recently been reading a blog where a newlywed lost her husband. As she has shared of his life, and how two young me shared the gospel with him I know that she realizes that
she wouldn't be with him for ETERNITY.
I truly am grateful and humbled at what the Lord has given to me and my family. I am thankful that I have a testimony of the Restored gospel. That it does change lives and that we are able to be with those we love the most for ETERNITY. I am thankful for my Savior and his Atonement. I still have much work, but it is worth it! But most of all I am excited to see how sharing the gospel and bringing souls unto Christ will change the life of my son.

9 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful thoughts! I'm sure your emotions are so close to the surface, but what an opportunity Brendan will have!
I'm excited for him and for your family. Having a missionary is such a wonderful thing.
Good luck over these next harried weeks! It's gonna be fun.

Cynthia said...

I'm so excited for him- what a life changing experience. You're sending off your boy but he'll return as the caliber of man you've raised him to be- refined by the fire of a mission. Awesome!

tammy said...

LOVE that saying. What a great time for you family right now. I'm excited for the opportunities your son will have, and that you will have as you watch him learn, grow and teach.

Becky said...

that is so soon! so exciting for you all.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

How's that missionary doing?????
Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

I have done that saying up in vinyl if you want one. Actually, next time I have an empty, I'll cut it for ya! It won't only change him, but it will change you, too. Hugs!

Stephanie said...

Hi Kim, haven't "seen" you in a little while and just wanted to drop in and say hello. Hope all is well. :)

Suzie said...

These are great words.

Wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words last month on my blog.
You are so sweet!
Hope all is well. I just don't have the time that I used to but sure love checking in on you.

Please update this soon! I want to see what you are up to.
:)

Da Bergs said...

Love that saying... they leave us for a short time, to help other familes for eternity! What an exciting time!!!