It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Sunday, March 13, 2011

Changes . . .

I am sure from my last post, you are all wondering how I am doing.
Right?
Well, let me tell you!
Not long after I had published my last post, the phone rang.
As I saw the phone number of Intermountain Health Care come across my caller ID
butterflies filled my stomach.
YES!
I WAS IN SHOCK!
It was Tuesday, March 8, 2011 @ 4:56 pm
when I was offered a new job
to work on the
Orthopedic Floor of LDS Hospital.
As I listened to the offer a I was overcome with a complete wave of fear.
Where did the fear come from? Why was I so scared? Why would I be so afraid of change. I guess having worked at the same place for 3 years, could do that to a person.
New people.
New protocols.
New Doctors.
New everything.
I am glad when they finished with the offer,
they were willing to let me sleep on it before accepting it.
As I slept on this
HUGE
decision, I knew it was what I had been praying for, but there was one thing that I knew I needed to make sure that I wanted to do once again and that is work
NIGHTS!
What a decision.
I remember all to well those night shifts and wondering how I ever made it home in one piece.
AM I CRAZY!?
NO!
This is going to be an
ADVENTURE
of
DISCOVERY and ACCEPTANCE!
My Official start date
Monday, March 28, 2011.
Can I tell you
I AM EXCITED!!!
I am so grateful for the "tender mercies" that help change perspectives and lives.

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! You will do great!

Becky said...

oh yeah, sounds like very tiring fun! change always brings mixed emotions- but usually ends up good!

tammy said...

Congratulations! Change is hard but I'm glad you're excited and I hope you love it.

Cynthia said...

Congratulations! It's good to do something different and change every so often- even if it's just to ensure we don't lose our resilience! I'm sure this will be great for you!

M+J=K3+E said...

Congrats to you. MIke has been so much happier since he left PVH. Good luck to you!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so awesome! What a challenge.
You will do so great.
Ortho is tough, the patients hurt and don't want to do stuff.

Congrats!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you.

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

So happy for you Kim - you deserve every good thing! Sorry I haven't called -I've been waiting for time - I don't seem to have any... still I love you and think of you often! Hugs

Karen Mello Burton said...

Congrats! That is awesome. :)

Stephanie said...

These are exciting changes, Kim. Good luck!!