It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Tuesday, March 8, 2011

NOTE TO SELF:


No one told me being a "missionary mom" would be one of the hardest things I would ever do. They only told me I would see and experience more blessings than I could ever imagine possible.
Today, I'm just not feelin' it!

Although the sun is out and shinning brightly, I am wanting to curl of in a little ball and just cry. At this very moment I miss him, but in the same breath I am exacerbated by him. His letter today reads,

Hey momma,
Mom your awesome! I love you alot! Thanks so much for the package. I love the pictures and video you sent me. Sorry if my letter is to short. I am sorry. Hopefully your letter makes up for it. But I am out in Hillsboro. My companion is Elder Perkins. I love the area it's freaking tight this area seems awesome. The members are pretty tight I love umm I love you a ton thank you so much. I promise next week my letter with be way better.
Love
Brendon

Remember, he is doing the Lord's will and work. Remember that you've been praying for change. Be happy that your prayers have been answered. He was transfered, after 7 months in the same area, given a "new" companion, which the last one he had had for 6 months. Now is the time to trust that all is well. Be happy he did write you back. Be happy that he is happy. Be happy that he loves being a missionary.

Remember, the tender mercy of the Lord" when you found a that picture of the two of you just minutes before you read his letter. Remember, how much you love him. Remember, when you talked with Kristy yesterday about your missionary sons, how much joy filled your heart because you know that he is doing what he should be doing and experiencing the most amazing things he will in his lifetime.

But most of all
Remember, he's the Lords for the next 12 months and he needs to be about His business
and
Remember,
HE LOVES YOU!

4 comments:

Becky said...

ok, I am not getting the curl in a ball and cry!! that was a great "up" letter!! He is not down and depressed- he loves you several times in that short note.... :)
guess i will feel it when mine is gone too! you will be able to talk me through it!

tammy said...

I am both dreading and looking forward to the time I have a missionary son. Even though I don't have a son gone now, I can understand your feelings!

Vanessa said...

I love that picture!!

And thanks for forwarding his letters!

Karen Mello Burton said...

Awwwwww, my second missionary has been out for a year too, and I miss him terribly. He is turn g into quite a great man, though. :). Best wishes.