It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Update on KC




KC is in the middle. Elders Hopkins and Petersen were introduced to KC the week before October General Conference 2010. These Elders challenged her to read the Book of Mormon. KC read the book in less than a week! AMAZING! You would think "golden contact" right?!

WRONG!

This young lady has been faced with many challenges. Right after she had read the Book of Mormon she was getting ready to move in with her boyfriend. On the last trip to the apartment they were in a car accident. Her boyfriend was in the ICU, where later he died. At this time the Elders were able to share with her the doctrine on the Plan of Salvation and the importance the gospel is to our lives. Since that time she has been faithful in going to church and accepting the gospel.



When the Elders challenged her to be baptized she said "NO!" They couldn't figure it out. They knew the spirit had taught her the truth, but yet she said "NO!" Once again they challenged her to be baptized. This time she said she wanted to and asked if she was going to dunked in the water? When she was told "yes" she told the Elders she didn't think she would ever be baptized because of the fear she has of water.


Much prayer and fasting happened in behalf of this young lady. She finally committed to being baptized and on Wednesday April 20, 2011. She became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.


Here is and excerpt from Elder Hopkins letter following the baptism.

"Yes! I was the one to baptise K.C it was a super neat experience for me and Elder Petersen. We were both in the water with her and the first time we tried to baptize her and since she is deathly afraid of water, she came in and was hyperventilating. When she she came up out of the water she was swinging. She just about smacked Pete. Then she ran out of the baptismal font. She did come back. She almost didn't make it the second time either and when she was about to come up Pete pushed the rest of her all the way down. I consider myself a pretty big kid and if I need someone else to help me control her in the water then you can imagine. She is way awesome!"
To top of this experience Gordon and I received a phone call from KC on Easter. She called us to tell us how AMAZING and AWESOME our son has been. We already knew that, of course, but she also told us that she couldn't have done what she has done without his and Elder Petersen's help.




It goes to show you, each one of these young men are where they are suppose to be. That the Lord has called them to this work. But most importantly the Lord is mindful of each one of us.


Life is AMAZING! The Gospel is even more AMAZING! I wouldn't be where I am today without the influence of the Gospel and most of all the Love of my Savior.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

tammy said...

What an amazing girl! I love her story. I'm glad you shared it with us.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so wonderful!
It looks like Elder Hopkins is doing wonderful and looks so happy!

What a wonderfully sad hopeful story.

Suzie said...

That is so touching! Thanks for sharing.
I'm just catching up on your blog and wow. Change is good, right? I'm in the same boat. Wish we were neighbors to really be able to chat.
Good luck!

Karen Mello Burton said...

Thanks for sharing this story.