Sister Barbara Thompson shared with us tonight at the General Relief Society Meeting about the "warning" and "danger" signs that are posted along the London Underground
Sometimes I think my life is one ---BIG----gap. But I am working on it. Good words to live by. Watch out for the gaps. Cause if you don't fill them with good things, garbage seems to find it's way there. (but, I like to shop at The Gap)
I loved that talk! I got to go with my Mom and 3 of my 4 sisters to that meeting and it was such a great experience.
My spiritual life has a lot of gaps in it right now since my husband has chosen to be less active. The big gap for me is deciding whether to forge ahead with my own spiritual growth and risk 'outgrowing' him. My natural tendency is to want to wait and walk forward with him but perhaps it's time for me to let go of that hope. It's a scary gap to cross. So, for now, I sit here in that yellow zone, trying to decide. Scared to move forward but afraid of staying put.
I loved that talk. Mind the gap. Hmmm, my gaps are too numerous right now. But, I am working on them. Most of all, I want to put my whole faith in the Lord, with no gap. Love your thought!
so since you are good at following talks and finding pics... any idea where to find the pic of the wheatfield that Elder Bednar showed when talking about all we are doing at home being brushstrokes on the canvas...
"Stop it!" "Don't judge me because I sin differently than you." ~Deiter F. Uchdorft
"Don't delay. It's getting late." ~Jeffery R. Holland
Judge Not:"Are we looking through a window which needs cleaning? . . . My dear sisters, each of you is unique. You are different from each other in many ways. . . . Do these differences tempt us to judge one another? . . . 'If you judge people you have no time to love them.'"
Charity: is having patience with someone who has let us down. It is resisting the impulse to become offended easily. It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings. It is accepting people as they truly are. . . .may we have thepure love of Christfor our fellow travelers in this journey through life. May we recognize that each one is doing her best to deal with the challenges which come her way, and may we strive to do our best to help out. "
"Here, here to teenagers everywhere. Its not always the easiest of years, but there is a lot of joy to be found if we just look." ~Red Thread "Be where the Lord can find you." "Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." -Robert Brauit"
“Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make a part of yourself…” ~Marvin J. Ashton "When obedience ceases to become an irritant and becomes our quest. In that moment, God will endow us with power." -Ezra Taft Benson
6 comments:
Sometimes I think my life is one ---BIG----gap.
But I am working on it. Good words to live by. Watch out for the gaps. Cause if you don't fill them with good things, garbage seems to find it's way there.
(but, I like to shop at The Gap)
I loved that talk! I got to go with my Mom and 3 of my 4 sisters to that meeting and it was such a great experience.
My spiritual life has a lot of gaps in it right now since my husband has chosen to be less active. The big gap for me is deciding whether to forge ahead with my own spiritual growth and risk 'outgrowing' him. My natural tendency is to want to wait and walk forward with him but perhaps it's time for me to let go of that hope. It's a scary gap to cross. So, for now, I sit here in that yellow zone, trying to decide. Scared to move forward but afraid of staying put.
That was my favorite talk.
So insightful & humble, she is.
Since then I keep naming my gaps, one by one.
I loved that talk. Mind the gap. Hmmm, my gaps are too numerous right now. But, I am working on them. Most of all, I want to put my whole faith in the Lord, with no gap.
Love your thought!
That is so great. Sure gives a person something to think about, and that's a great thing.
so since you are good at following talks and finding pics... any idea where to find the pic of the wheatfield that Elder Bednar showed when talking about all we are doing at home being brushstrokes on the canvas...
I have looked, but with no luck!
Post a Comment