It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Monday, January 10, 2011

118 ~ To Become Like Him

Last night after FHE, Kelsey and Hailey began singing this beautiful song. "Mom, we will be singing this next month in Sacrament Meeting. Would you like to hear it?" How could I NOT say "YES!"

With anticipation they brought down the laptop and found this song and sang along. As I listened to the words, I was touched not only by the beautiful music, but most of all the words. How could anyone not be touched by words that describe each one of us? At the time my heart was heavy with worries and concerns about my own individual worth and if I could ever "measure up" in Heavenly Fathers sight? As listened my perspective changed. Especially when I "look up" and "walk with God and His light is in my eyes." I was reminded that "I don't have to prove my beauty in the eyes of man." I am DIVINE! I just need to keep seeking and working to

BECOME LIKE HIM!

2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Very good thoughts my friend.
Beautiful.
I need to think more along those lines myself. It's so easy to beat yourself up for all the things you are NOT.

Karen Mello Burton said...

Sweet!