The ball in Time Square has dropped, toasts have been made, kisses given and the parties are over with 2011 anticipation over because now its here. What now?! With every year comes new anticipations, new goals and dreams that sometimes these dreams get accomplished but for most these dreams and ambitions sit dormant with a "I should really do that."
This year I want my results to be different. I don't necessarily want to set specific goals because when I do, something happens and I don't do them perfectly and then I give up. You see, I am an all or nothing kind of lady. I know I shouldn't be that way, but that is one of weaknesses. I am working on it and that is why my word of the year (DILIGENCE) from 1.5 years ago stayed all of last year. Now as I see the dawn the new day and new year I am excited for new adventures, new dreams, desires and outcomes. I am excited to see how it's all going to pan out and change my life for the better.
There are a few ways I want to accomplish my goals and dreams. One of these ways I want to become a better person is through thought provoking questions and the first was inspired by President Uchdorft conference talk "Things That Matter Most."
Question #1: "What are the "Things That Matter Most" in my life?
The second and third questions were inspired by a talk given by my bishop the day after Christmas.
Question #2: Am I paying close enough attention to be receptive to the spirit of Jesus Christ? Question #3: What gifts have I been given that I am grateful for?
Now this list may change. I plan to add questions to my list, I may also take away as I become satisified with an answer but as I work towards learning and growing I will use two words for the year 2011 that I believe will help me to see with new eyes and come to understand the outcomes with whatever comes my way.
My words I have chosen for 2011
DISCOVER
and
ACCEPT
As I begin the journey of 2011 I pray that I may find new discoveries and learn to accept not only the new outcomes but things from the past that hinder my growth.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

4 comments:
Great list.
☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ NEW YEAR ☆ 2011
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥
I love your words.
Still working on mine.
Happy New Year!
Discover and accept... I love those goals. And that Talmud from Pres. Uchtdorf has changed my life.
Sounds like a great list- I'll be curious to see how you apply the words as the year progresses.
Post a Comment