Once again it is time for General Conference Book Club. If you are not familiar with it click here, you won't be sorry you stopped your busy lives to make time to study, discuss and enjoy the talks once again that were given in conference.
Whatever your circumstances--join in.
It's fun and rewarding and I promise you won't walk away without new insights and knowledge with the wonderful comments given.
"Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, (lately my soul has been agitated) and as I read and reread I felt the promise given that if -- we not only read our scriptures, but ponder them, we will be given the promise to find the 'peace, hope and . . .confidence . . .to overcome the challenges of life.'" As I look back on my most recent, and very personal struggles, I see the pride that I have allowed to develope and change my way of living my life that makes me happy.
I am hoping that by recommitting myself to once again reading and pondering the scriptures, I am hoping to find the peace and happiness that once was mine.
I do know that the scriptures and the other tools (such as prayer and faith) given will not only help to humble and soften our [my] hearts but that I will personally see how the scriptures do . . . ."have the potent power to HEAL emotional challenges."
The most important thing I need to remember is to
" . . . [have] faith in the Savior."
" . . . [have] faith in the Savior."


1 comment:
I need to get better at reading more regularly. It's so easy to get out of the habit. I was doing so good while we were going through our trial, and then shameful to say, I kind of let up. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment