It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gordon is still ticking

It is hard to believe that it has been 6 years since Gordon had his heart-attack. I will never forget the feelings of helplessness, because I wasn't sure what to do, and how those feelings of inadequacy have changed our lives forever. I am now an LPN working at Pioneer Valley Hospital on the Medical/Surgical floor doing my best to help others in need just like those EMT/Nurses helped Gordon. These past 6 years have been a struggle and a reward all at the same time. I am so grateful to a merciful and kind Heavenly Father who hears and answers prayers, especially those of little children, and how he allows us to grow through our trials.
I have a couple of quotes I carry with me in my planner to remind me that it is the Lords will not mine.
"The Lord calls us in our weakness and qualifies us for his work"
"The Lord takes raw materials shapes and refines them"
(not sure of the authors)

I thank Heavenly Father every day for. . .
Gordon is the LOVE of my life and my Best Friend!!!! I am grateful that he supports me, even when I fail he is there to pick me up and cheer me on to do better the next time. I am thankful that Heavenly Father didn't need him more than I did and allowed him to stay on this earth so that we could raise our family together.
Gordon,
I Love You!

1 comment:

Becky said...

yeah, your back online.
yeah, Gordon is alive! (just thought I would cheer with you) having had Dave almost die, several times, I can appreciate that with you!
really, it has been nine years?
congrats on YOUR accomplishments!