This past week, I had the opportunity to go to the quaint and fair town of Rexburg, Idaho to attend BYU-Idaho's Education Week. So with some effort on my part, I was able to getaway for a couple of days and attend education week in Idaho.
The few classes that I attended were great--but the BEST part of the trip was meeting Tauna from the Garden of Egan.
Tauna is AWESOME! She not only welcomed me into her humble cottage, she fed me--to die for Huckleberry muffins and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (maybe with a little coaxing we can get her to give us the recipes). We went to the Rexburg Temple twice--once to clean the House of the Lord and once to attend.
But one of my favorite parts was sitting in her BEAUTIFUL back yard ( a balming 78 degrees) and chat about our children and of course our nursing lives.
Life is Good!
Just a few side notes:
Tauna wrote on her blog
"it's so nice to have a friend. I'm convinced we are twin sistas from different mamas!"
I concur.
And wouldn't you agree?
I mean look at us--we basically have the same hair (most likely from hiding all the grey given to us from our teenagers--proves that we have good taste), eye and skin color. You wouldn't know it from the picture, but we are about the same height. The only thing different--she's much thinner than I am.
I just want to thank Tauna for her wonderful hospitality. She is an AMAZING woman and just as fun to be around in person as she is on the internet. So for those of you that are dying to meet Tauna--I want you to know that your life won't be fulfilled until you do. She is truly a light to the world.
But most of all I am grateful I have a new friend out of this addiction we call
Blogging.


9 comments:
You are adorable together. How fun. You do have the same looks. How great.
People laugh at me, but I have made some great friends thru blogging.
How fun. I love the friendships I've made thru blogging - even if I haven't met them all.
Hey! It was soooo good to have you here. Thanks for not mentioning how we abused your free labor and also not mentioning that I'm the "methusela twin" being much older that ya'll!
Sure enjoyed you!
How fun to get to meet such a sweet twin! Yall do go together very well. Lucky you!
I agree with you that blogging has created unexpected friendships. Totally cool. Glad you two got to hang out and go to Ed Week. I'm hoping to get the chance to go with my Mom and sisters down to the Y and enjoy it myself.
so fun when you just connect with someone! hey, sally was at that conference too- i just got to drop off kat there for EFY too, just missed ya!
How fun and great connection.
How Awesome!!! Blogging is the BEST!!!
Post a Comment