JUNIOR
FRESHMAN
CLASS OF 2013
SIXTH GRADER
CLASS of 2016
Life as I have known it, has changed.
It was a bit strange sending 3/4 of my children off to new schools for their first day. It went well. Each of them seemed to enjoy their day. Both Kelsey and Hailey are attending the "NEW" high school (Stansbury High) and Shane is switching schools. Since Kindergarten he has been attending a school outside of our boundaries and since that elementary will no longer be going to our assigned JR High, we opted to put him back in the elementary school (Middle Canyon) so that he could make some new friends and as an added bonus it is the elementary school closest to our home. Which means
NO MORE DRIVING
kids back and forth to school--YEAH :):)!!!
As for Brendon
he is keeping busy by helping out a friend of ours, who goes by Uncle Pete (click on the link to see what he's up too)
Brendon is not attending school at this time. He plans to earn money and send his mission papers in December so that he will be out in the mission close to his 19th birthday.
(Journaling) To be honest, I am not quiet sure how I should be feeling. The first day of school was different. I am not old enough to have a child who wants to be on his own and make his own decisions. But this too must happen. It is part of Heavenly Fathers plan. Some days are harder than others, but letting go must happen. It feels strange to be in "limbo" but soon . . .
new adventures will begin


6 comments:
The kids look like they are so happy. Hopefully the love for school will continue forever!
Glad to hear about Brendon, sounds like he's got it together.
I can't believe how grown up they are!
It's so hard to let them grow up & be independent.
Your kids are all so cute & they do look so happy on there 1st day of school.
Good for your oldest getting ready for his mission that will be an amazing time for him & you!
You have beautiful children. I can't even imagine mine that "grown up," but I know it will fly onto the radar sooner than I expect.
Everyone looks great! I sent my little Leah to Kindergarten today and I definitely had mixed emotions, but I somehow managed to not cry. I think I will be crying though when they go to hight school and then graduate and leave me! :) Hope you all are doing well and I can't wait to see you guys in November!
Wow, we ARE getting old. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. What I remember about you visiting teaching is when you brought me a Jelly Belly mug. I still have it. :-)
Post a Comment