It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Friday, December 31, 2010

116 ~ Only Time Will Tell

Today, January 31, 2010, is the end of decade with the beginning of 2011 in the not so distant horizon. As I see a new beginning, I look forward to 2011 with a new set of eyes. I contemplate the things I've learned not only from 2010 but for several years and wonder . . . "what will I take or leave behind from those years of experiences?" Only time will tell.

I have no idea what the next 365 days will bring, but what I do know is this; I can see the world and live each day, hour and minute with new eyes. I am hoping these new set of eyes will see new adventures and dreams and hopefully I learn more about myself, others and life. For me, the year 2010 will go down as the year I learned and most of all accepted that "happiness is a choice."

As I have accepted the choice to be happy, there are other valuable discoveries that I have encounter along the way. Things I've learned in 2010

  • Forgiveness is a tender mercy of the Lord and sweet music to the soul.
  • Having a son serve a mission not only stretches him, but has stretched me in ways I never thought possible.
  • "Being diligent" is one of the most difficult and rewarding principles at the same time.
  • Friendships, whether tangible or computer based, are some of the most wonderful blessings.
  • Anger doesn't get you anywhere, except angrier
  • "Being like a child" is one of the only ways to truly love.
  • I want nothing more in this life than to have my family together.
  • My patients teach me the principle of unconditional love and charity.
  • Service helps soften a hardened heart.
  • The blessings from missionary service are not always monetary.
  • The importance of my own personal relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
  • Everyone is an individual, with individual needs.
  • It's okay to be me!

As I look back on 2010 I need to say Thank You! I have had many experiences that have helped shape the woman I am becoming. Many of these experiences I've questioned and realized they have all happened for a reason. The reasons may not have been clear, at the time, but the discoveries I've made are of great worth. I am a bit SAD and yet very EXCITED to leave 2010 behind for the new discoveries and experiences awaiting in the future of 2011.

"At some point you have to realize that everything happens for a reason. It is up to you to find that reason, learn from it, and let it take you to the place you're supposed to be - not just where you've ended up." - Eddie's mom. {Love this} The Christmas Sweater ~Thanks Tammy for sharing~

2 comments:

tammy said...

Great things to have learned.

I loved that quote...I may have to share it on my blog too.

Karen Mello Burton said...

Stretching alongside a missionary is a beautiful thing for sure! You have learned a lot of good things to carry into 2011. :)