...I didn't pass my board exam. Rather disappointing, but I feel blessed to have wonderful people in my life like you who make it bearable. I want all of you to know that I am not giving up! I will be retaking my boards soon, but the rule that has been set is that I will have to wait a minimum of 45 days which puts the date to retake the test sometime within the first week of September. That puts some BIG decisions on the line for our family.
As many of you know Gordon has been going to school and is now at a point in his education where he needs to attend school full time to become a school teacher. Since I am done with my education the role that I would play in this decision would be to become the bread winner. Not something I ever planned on doing until a couple of years ago when we decided to have Gordon finish what he started 20 some odd years ago and do what he LOVES teach history.
Our delema now is do we have him quit his job or do we wait and put off his education until I pass my boards? This decision is going to be a difficult one because it is something that we have been working and planning for and now it is not falling into place like it should. I guess this is where our faith and trust in the Lord comes in. Please remember us in your prayers as we are deciding what to do and if any of you have a story or two to share please share. We could use the encouragment.
On Being a Mother
13 years ago

2 comments:
aaah, Kim! That is a bummer- but at least you got a free lunch out of it :)
I am sure you will pass it next time!
Go for it Gordon!!
Dang it! That sucks. Hope you get all your prayers and questions answered. I'm thinking about ya!
Post a Comment