It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tragedy & Triumph

Gordon, Hailey, Shane and I joined in on the Dark Knight frenzee last night and went to a later showing of the new Batman movie. I will have to say--I walked away with mixed emotions about the movie but I will give credit to Heath Ledger because he did a fabulous job in his role as the Joker.

In my opinion the title of this cover explains it all. It is such a tragedy to see that Ledger will not get to bask in what we would call his shinning moment because he decided to take his life after giving us, the best performance of his career. How sad for him. I guess the real reason I wanted to see the Dark Night is to see what all the hype was about. The hype--I am not sure of, but after viewing Ledger's performace I now have a small glimce into the madness that he created for himself and understand why he took his own life.

Ledger's performance was absolutely amazing! As the movie progressed I could see the determination in his eyes to play his role to perfection. Perfection is what he did! I am glad I went to see the Dark Knight so I could witness for myself the most spectacular and last performance of Heath Ledger.

2 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

Hi Kim! I felt so bad when I heard about Heath Ledger dying. I loved his acting. I haven't seen Batman but Mark and Alexandrea did and really liked it.

Vanessa said...

Sexiest man alive? NICE!!! BTW, enter my blog giveaway. If you win, I'll drive it up to your house.