It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Thursday, October 22, 2009

What is the significance of a. . .

TABLESPOON?
How many of you remember the talk Be of Good Cheer?
Be of Good Cheer was given by President Thomas S. Monson in the April 2009 General Conference.
As I have been preparing this lesson for Relief Society, the thought "what is the significance of a tablespoon" has crossed my mind many times. So. . . what is the significance of a tablespoon?
What are your thoughts and feelings?
Please share.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

wendy said...

Well, since I am such a slacker and didn't stick around for RS today, I guess I missed a good lesson.

Regarding your Male Bonding post.
Every evening I look out my kitchen window and about 200 yards away see 2 Bucks and 5 does.
YUP ---hunters paradise.

rad6 said...

ok, gonna have to think about this one.
R

Stephanie said...

That story was excruciating to listen to, don't you think? I don't know what it means. I just think that it shows even when life is miserable and difficult, we can and must maintain faith. Maybe it's a symbol of her motherly love and how she did what she could for her children with the totally meager means she had left; she served in great tragedy, with the only thing she had, her widow's mite.