It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Sunday, January 8, 2012

Get Service



"Service changes people.  It refines, purifies, gives a finer perspective, and brings out the best in each one of us.  It gets us looking outward instead of inward.  It prompts us to consider others’ needs ahead of our own. Righteous service is the expression of true charity, such as the Savior showed."
~Elder Derek A. Cuthbert
"What does it mean to be a Latter-day Saint?"
I was asked that question today. 
 My thoughts quickly went to this video.
 One of the things I think we/I do is become frustrated and judge others too quickly. 
 I feel we/I become easily frustrated and impatient with others due to situations that out of our control. 
Sometimes . . .
 we/I do not clearly understand what others may need.
Once we/I begin to understand thier needs,
then our perspective changes. 
More times than not,
It takes the wisdom of someone else to help us see clearly
the needs of others.
And once we/I do, it is easier to show 
Love
"Now let us examine ourselves.  Are we doing as much as we should?"
"Does your life give evidence of your testimony?"
~President George Albert Smith

Thanks Tammy for the sharing the video on FB.

2 comments:

tammy said...

I thought that video was really good. It reminded me of when Blaine was in the hospital and I had to run to Walmart for something and people would smile and ask how I was, and I'd say fine, even though I wasn't really. I thought how many of these people around me are going through trials of their own, and no one around them even knows. Made me be a little more kind to the person who cuts in front of me, or steals my parking place. You just never know what their mind is preoccupied with or what's going on in their life.

Vanessa said...

Loved it. Makes me feel bad for yelling at the lady for stealing my front row spot at Wal Mart.

Glad to see you are back.