Why do I make things so
COMPLICATED?
COMPLICATED?
For weeks I have been
FRETTING
and
STEWING
over something as simple as a
WORD.
As with every
New Year
I have a
NEW WORD
that helps me with my yearly
GOALS.
My
WORD OF THE YEAR
can't be just any
WORD.
2009 and 2010
DILIGENCE
2011
DISCOVER AND ACCEPT
these WORDS had MEANING!
2012
2009 and 2010
DILIGENCE
2011
DISCOVER AND ACCEPT
these WORDS had MEANING!
2012
has to be a
WORD that STANDS out!
A WORD that has MEANING.
and
it can't be
COMPLICATED.
2012's WORD
came before long before these considerations
came before long before these considerations
All of these WORDS are POWERFUL.
FULL of MEANING
But the one that keeps things
Uncomplicated
and that I keep going back to
TIME and TIME again
FULL of MEANING
But the one that keeps things
Uncomplicated
and that I keep going back to
TIME and TIME again
Source: Pinterest
Now that 2011 is in the past, I am looking forward to my dreams, goals and aspirations for 2012.
Although, there will be days that I want to make things as complicated as possible. I will strive to be content and
SIMPLIFY.


5 comments:
Kim,
First of all, nice to meet you! I'm glad you linked up your word with us. I'm your newest follower, and I love your post. This is something I often think about, and wonder how can I keep life simple and still do everything I need and want?
One of the keys to simplify, I think you hit it on the head, is content. That will be something I'll work on this year.
I'll be back, and don't be a stranger!
ps read your profile. I was born in Tooele! Not many people in this blogosphere know how to correctly say that!
My first stop, hopping through Jen's link party. Love this post! I am thinking much along the same lines you are this year. I think it's much harder than it would seem at first glance. It's all about making what should be important actually important I think. Good luck, I'll pop back in to see how you're doing :)
Nice to meet you. I'm also coming through Jen's link party. I like the idea of simplifying. Good luck as you work through the year! Here's to keeping it simple!
oh kim! i'm madly in love with your 2012 word! you have no idea. takes me back to one of my favorite reads spurred by one of my favorite honors english teachers in high school:
"walden" by henry david thoreau
from that book is one of my favorite lines of all time:
"simplify. simplify. simplify."
such power in simplifying. have you read "simplify: a guide to caring for the soul" by carolyn j. rasmus? LOVE that one. you will enjoy its approach. its not what it seems. its not a self-help book on organizing. it's a book all about realigning our spiritual perspective. absolutely fabulous.
anyhow, excited for you this year. you've earned this opportunity to embrace the beautiful fundamentals in your life. and they are beautiful. through this focus, oh!, you'll breathe so much more easily. ::hugs::
p.s. we're seeing you in march right, with the story teller event?
I'm not even sure I'm picking a word, so you're ahead of me!
Post a Comment