Since Friday morning I have been a little on edge. I received some bad news. My cousin, Wendy's daughter, Aimee was in a medically induce comma and on life support with not much hope. As I heard the story, I knew the outcome was not good. My heart broke Wendy. The decision to take a young 17 yr old off life support is not a decision that any mother or father should have to make. I wept.
Yesterday, I found a blog she had started to keep others informed.
The decision on what to do took time and Aimee passed away January 14, 2012 at 23:59 (11:59 pm). I can only image her anguish and pain at having to make such a decision. Please pray for her.
It's moments like this that remind me how precious life can be and how blessed we are to know that families are forever. I am grateful for the simplicity of the gospel and the joy we can have. But in this situation the thing I am most grateful for is knowing we have loved ones on the other side that will greet us with open and then lead us and guide us and teach us the ropes of life in the hereafter.

4 comments:
I am so very sorry! There can't be anything more heartwrenching than that.
Hugs!
I'm so sorry for your family. I hope they feel the comfort of the Holy Ghost and their knowledge of eternal families.
I am so sorry. I can't imagine anything worse than losing a child.
I am so sorry that your family is having to go through this. I can't imagine. Like you, I am so grateful for the blessings of the Gospel.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I will be sure and tell her that you said hello. (The Christmas lights made me smile, too ; )
Post a Comment