It was last summer when I had the opportunity with Tauna and Howie to clean the Rexburg Temple. That experience has left a lasting impression upon my soul. Everytime I return to the temple, to do a session, I sit in awe at how immaculate the inside of the temple is. I think of all the workers, both paid and volunteers who help keep it looking immaculate.
As I sat in the newly remodeled creation room of the Salt Lake Temple this morning, my mind once again went back to that night in Rexburg. As Tauna and I were cleaning, we kindof giggled as we ran our dustcloth across the beautiful walnut wood and wondered why the temple needed to be cleaned when there wasn't an ounce of dust or dirt to be found. As my mind went back to that night, I compared the home of the Lord, His vessel, to our lives. I realized the Lord cleans His home daily. He has people come to maintain His home so that when we, the patrons are there no dust or dirt can be found so that we may be focused on the ordiances performed there in His Holy Home.
So who helps us clean our vessel? We too need to clean our vessels daily. Our cleaning doesn't include pledge, dustcloth or vaccuum. It includes the price paid by the Savior. I know this process can seem daunting at times, but the rewards will out weigh the price paid through daily cleaning. As we pay the price may and continually cleanse our vessels may we think about the Lords House and His desire to have it be immaculate. Then may we look at own lives and continue to work daily at having our own vessels cleansed by His love and through the "daily" repentance process.
“Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the Lord will do wonders among you.”
~Elder Jeffery R. Holland~
Enjoy General Conference

2 comments:
oh i love day 71. so much!
now, sista-friend! after we're all wrapped up at the cabin at bear lake, i'm planning to venture south. have some old friends in SLC and their kids who i plan on seeing. whatcha doing next weekend/beginnging of the next week after that? maybe we can grab lunch....just thinking. might be fun!
great analogy
Post a Comment