Mom, its a funny thing you ask about my investigators. Last Sunday a non-member, Christiana, came too church. We started talking to her afterwards and ended up giving her a copy of the Book of Mormon along with a short passage to read. Well, we ended up getting a call on Tuesday night, she was confused and asked us some questions. After we answered them, she told us that she has read the passage and has started the Book of Mormon and has already read upto 1Nephi chapter 14. On Wednesday night about midnight we get a call and she is asking us some more questions and one of the questions asked "what is the great and abominable church?" We explained to her what it is and she apologized for calling us so late. Then, during our Zone conference she called and told us that she had finished the whole thing and wanted to meet with us. We met with her that night and went over it.
Mom, I know that the lord prepares us for whatever lye's ahead, I know that the spirit tells us what God wants us to know.
In Alma 26:26-27, we read: "But behold, my beloved brethren, we came . . . with the intent that perhaps we might save some few of their souls. Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."
I know the Lord loves us and He will help us with whatever it is we need.
In Alma 26:26-27, we read: "But behold, my beloved brethren, we came . . . with the intent that perhaps we might save some few of their souls. Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."
I know the Lord loves us and He will help us with whatever it is we need.
~Elder Hopkins

2 comments:
That gave me chills. What a great experience for him to have.
How wonderful! I hope to someday have YOUR experience of watching my child grow from afar that way. You really have so much to be proud of with that young man. Wonderful!
Post a Comment