It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Sunday, December 12, 2010

104 ~ The Gift of Healing.

Christ-Healing-Bethesa-mormon

I love aha moments! Our lesson in RS was about Gifts of the Spirit. As I sat in class listening to the lesson, the spirit was there and the spirit was strong. As we discussed the different gifts of the spirit, found in Doctrine and Covenants 46:8-26. My mind was enlightened and new insight was given to each of these gifts listed, but my personal understanding increased in regards to The Gift of Healing.

Yesterday while at work, I had and experience where the The Gift of Healing took place. A patient of mine, was requesting a priesthood blessing. As the clerk and I had arranged it, the clerk, Christina who is not a member was curious as to what takes place when we call any "LDS Elders" to administer a blessing. At that point, I said to Christina, "would you like to see what happens?" With an innocent smile, she said "yes". As we entered the room, I explained to my patient what Christina's request was and he gave us permission to stay. The blessing was given. We all went on our way and later on I was able to ask her if she had any questions. She didn't have any, but she did mention one thing. That one thing that she mentioned was the spirit. She described the feeling as if God himself was there. Oh, how grateful I am for that moment. My day was pretty stressful and I will have to agree with Christina, the spirit was strong and through that spirit the The Gift of Healing took place.

I know and understand that some have been given The Gift of Healing just like Christ, but others have chosen certain professions which pertain to The Gift of Healing. Personally, I had never thought of The Gift of Healing in any other way than through or by the power of the priesthood. But today, as I was quietly whispered too, I gained a greater understanding of my role in His plan and was reassured that my career path as nurse is a special gift of healing and a precious gift from my Heavenly Father.

3 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful thoughts my dear friend. You do get to see the gifts of healing daily.

Karen Mello Burton said...

You are an angel as a nurse. Doesn't it make going to work more of blessing when you realize how you are serving? I feel the same way abut my job!

tammy said...

Wow. I love that you were prompted and able to share that with her. That simple act bore strong testimony and you never know what impact that will have on her life.