It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

106 ~ Ten Reasons Why . . .

A MISSIONARY CHRISTMAS IS DIFFERENT

1. Last Christmas we were counting our money; this Christmas we are
counting our blessings.

2. Last Christmas we were giving thanks for gifts from stores; this
Christmas we are giving thanks for gifts from God.

3. Last Christmas we valued things that were costly; this Christmas
we value things that are holy.

‎4. Last Christmas we were wrapping gifts; this Christmas we arewrapped up in the work.


5. Last Christmas we looked into people's eyes when we spoke; this Christmas we look into their hearts.


6. Last Christmas we prayed to obtain a testimony; this Christmas we pray to share our testimony with others.


7. Last Christmas we were impatient with the weaknesses of others; this Christmas we are working on our own.


8. Last Christmas we read the scriptures as a duty; this Christmaswe read them as a joy.


9. Last Christmas we thought it was enough to celebrate the holidays; this Christmas we are finding ways to consecrate them.


10. Last Christmas, Portland Oregon, was just a place on a map; this Christmas, it is a place in our hearts.
Seen on Shaila from da Bergs Facebook
Written by Sally Tielemans, Henderson, Nevada -Missionary mom to Elder Tielemans-Japan Sendai (Now an RM)

4 comments:

tammy said...

I love this. I'm excited for you to be able to talk to your missionary soon.

I haven't been commenting on all of your posts, but I have been reading them and wanted you to know how much Ive loved every single one. When I need a spiritual thought, I know I can come to your blog and find something inspirational. Thanks for blogging.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so beautiful and well said. So true so true.
I had never experienced the same feelings as I had the 2 years my son was in Japan. Everything that year was tender and holy.

LKP said...

this i absolutely dig! :)
perfect for your oregon missionary too.

M+J=K3+E said...

Very cute Kim, I love it!