It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's even BETTER the SECOND Time!

I finally heeded my own advice .
Yesterday, December 16, 2008, was the DVD release of
Mama Mia!
Brendon's friend, Allie and I had set a date to watch
Mama Mia
when she got home from school, boy did we have fun! We
sang,
laughed,
cried
& danced.
(yes, I did embarrass my children by dancing )

I LOVE MAMA MIA!
It is a movie that allows you to
LET YOUR HAIR DOWN!!
I do have to admit some of the parts are a
little riskay(?spelling),
for the young, but the show did give me some down time to just
LAUGH!
For those of you who are wondering if Brendon would sit with his friend Allie, who is a girl, through a
CHICK FLICK
the answer to that question is an astounding
YES!!
Brendon sat through the entire movie with us, he even
LAUGHED
a couple of times.
For those of you not fortunate enough to see this
AMAZING
production the first time around
GO RENT IT!!
For those of you who are wondering if it is better the second time I would have to say
YES!!

6 comments:

oretta said...

I will admit that I went and saw the movie twice in the theater. I LOVED it. Jared refused to go so I went with a good friend who tried to get me to go a third time too. Yesterday she called and told me to drop whatever I was doing and meet at wal mart to buy it. I still haven't went but I think that Seth is surprising me for Christmas!!

Becky said...

for future reference (because that is what friends are for!) it is risqué.
I think that is funny that you love it so much, although I did think it would be much more fun in your own home when you can belt it out with them!

Jan said...

I haven't see it yet. I was wondering if it was any good.

Cynthia said...

I'll probably have to turn in my woman card for this but by the end I was BEGGING them to stop singing. I didn't HATE it but I didn't love it either. I know, blasphemey since my Mom and sisters all thought it rocked.

Kim said...

Cynthia~

It's not blasphemey. You just have different taste, not that anything is wrong with that, but maybe one day you will be able to tap your foot and dance and sing like the rest of us.

I will have to agree about the singing, Pierce needs to stay with acting, the singing was a little rough for him.

tammy said...

I almost bought this today for myself. I haven't seen it yet.