It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Sunday, October 19, 2008

Do you feel this is all you do on Sunday's?

Today started out as it normally would on any given day, I woke up to peace and quite (because all the kids were still in bed) as I began my morning ritual of prayers and scriptures. I was rather excited to be the first one awake, especially this morning considering I was recently called to be a Relief Society Teacher and it would be my first time teaching. I prayed to have peace. A little suprised my prayer was answered, we made it to church with no major catastrophe. I gave my lesson. Next came Sacrament meeting. A little here, a little there, it was beginning to wear on me as the kids would pick on each other and I began counting down the minutes till Sacrament Meeting would end. We made it home, but the poking, proding, nit-picking and low blows didn't stop. Needless to say--MOM LOST IT!!!!!!!
Yes, I (Mom) went completely bolistic. I will never forget growing up and my Mom going completely bolistic on us kids. Her favorite saying for Sunday's would be "if it isn't one of you, it's the other!" I wish I could have said that today, but I wasn't that lucky, each one of them contributed to my frustration and my semi-melt down.
I am thankful for a Visiting Teacher who toke the time to visit, who brought the spirit of peace with her so that the spirit of contention would leave. I needed the spirit not only in my home but personally needed to feel of the love my Heavenly Father has for me. Now that all the drama is out of the way and the kids are finally getting along bedtime can't get here soon enough.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Diane said...

I am so glad you are my friend!
That picture is awesome!!!! What a relief school is back in session tomorrow. :)

Becky said...

oh, sometimes those weekends are just hard. there is nothing worse than grumpy fighting kids!!
I bet you are a great teacher! just don't get one on the keeping peace in your home, it will make you feel guilty.

Marc and Heather said...

I definitely feel this way on Sundays... Camo is CRAZY during church and Marc is a spaz. lol. Wish I could have heard your lesson. I'm sure it was great!