It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sitka

DAY 3
What a long night of rough and rocky waters. We finally docked in Sitka, Alaska about noon without any more incidents. This is where we saw calm waters as we entered the inlet to Sitka. Pictures were taken from Grandpa Olson's balcony. We loved seeing the beautiful shore line, to bad the sun wasn't out. Sitka is the only port we used the tender boats to go ashore.
Click to play Going to Sitka
We were all anxious to get ashore. After a 10 minute tender ride we were once again on solid ground. Gordon had forgotten his rain jacket so the first stop, to buy a rain jacket. Good thing we found one. This was the only port that was able to accomodate us with size and durability. Now we can add this purchase to the many others hanging in our closet at home already. Amy had a great time spending $$$ by buying unique items that would be found no where else we went on the cruise.

Let's not forget about what was really important. There was only one thing that mattered to be carryied back to the boat.
Diet Pepsi!
I admit--I have an addiction!
Yes, by this time I was not a happy person to be around, so once on dry land I bee-lined it for the nearest grocery store to make my one and only purchase ( 12-pack and 2 packs of trident original flavor). Picky? You think? I will admit that I am just a little bit OCD with what I drink and chew, but remember...
If mama's happy, then everyone's happy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

so I am guessing your ship had coke products. too bad for you! I would love to see some of haileys unique finds!
looks like a great cruise