It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Thursday, November 13, 2008

My World of Wonder . . .

For the past few days I have been contemplating a couple of blog entries(Time Flies and Smelling the Flowers ) that have encouraged me to start a "NEW" entry. These entries will be titled "My World of Wonder." These two ladies have allowed me, through their simple entries, to explore and wonder the struggles, heartaches and most of all the Joys of life.

Today I dedicate this blog Tammy and Mechelle for inspiring me enough to get out of my comfort zone and share with you "My World of Wonder" This particular blogatry started because today I commented on Tammy's blog at here request for some advice, and I really think it goes along with Mechelle's request to share of our struggles. I am going to share with you my comment, and hope that whoever reads this will be strengthened in their own personal struggles. But first you will need to go to both Tammy and Mechelle's blogs to find out what I am even talking about.


READ THE PEACEGIVER! IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I read the Peacegiver about 2 years ago, just after my dad went back to rehab(for substance abuse) for the second time. This book has changed my life and my outlook on those things that "WE" have no control over.

Now that it has been two years, it has given me some time to incorporate some of the principles I learned not only for the "third" time, of going to rehab, but for the first time of dealing with a teenage son who wants to "dabble" in that type of lifestyle. I feel your pain and understand to some extent the pain you must be feeling, as almost every comment has stated--pray, turn to our Heavenly Father, I promise, I truly promise you He will heal your pains "...as you learn of Him...He will give you rest.." and ease the burdens that are placed (Matt 11:28-30).

There was talk given by Dallin H. Oaks 2 years ago in Oct. Conference "He Heals the Heavy Laden" what a timely talk that I still carry with me in my church bag. This talk has been one I refer back to often when I need to be reminded of what I am sharing with you this day.

I will pray for you that you find the peace to carry on during this difficult time and although this is my first time commenting on your blog I hope to someday meet you and give you a HUG!!!

HANG-IN-THERE & KEEP SMILING

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

tammy said...

Thanks Kim. I'm thankful I found a new blog friend!

Erin said...

This is a great idea. I like blog posts that uplift and inspire me!

Cynthia said...

I had to sneak over here from Mechelle's blog to read your entry. Hope you don't mind. Beautiful message. Thanks for sharing that!

Vanessa said...

Hang in there! I've been thinking about you and hope things are going better. This was a great post!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and really giving good sound opinions!! That's what I wanted!

I too read Tammy's blog and she is one of my favs! Very simple.

Nice thoughts on this post.

Diane said...

Way to go Kim! I am proud of you for sharing a bit of your struggles and lending hope and peace to those who struggle along with you. You are an awesome strength and friend.