Thank you JAN for the GREAT tag!
1. What is your fav. Temple and why? Salt Lake, I was sealed to Gordon. Plus, it is generally the temple I go to when I need questions answered. Most of my most spiritual experiences have happened within the walls of the Salt Lake Temple.2. My favorite calling that I've had in the church? Relief Society Instructor. This is current calling and I had this calling about 10 years ago. I love this calling because it is a calling that I just can’t “WING IT”. I have to prepare. I have to pray. I have to study. My testimony has once again increased and I just love how this calling makes me feel as I allow the Spirit to guide the lesson.
3. What has been your hardest calling in the church? BEAR DEN LEADER! DO I NEED TO SAY MORE. . .
4. Favorite scripture story? The Stripling Warriors and the Mother’s that Knew found in Alma. This particular story give me strength in knowing that if I continue to teach my children through example and through reading scriptures as a family; praying, as a family; and holding FHE that when these gifts of God stand in presence and He asks them who they were taught by, that they will be able to answer Him as the Sons of Helaman did “Our Mothers Knew”.
5. Where would you like to serve a mission? One of the Church History Sites, especially the ones in Sacred Grove (Palmyra, New York); Carthage Jail (Nauvoo, Illinois); Kirtland, Ohio; or The Birth Place of Joseph Smith in Sharon, Vermont.
6. When did you know the Gospel was true? I had always known the Gospel to be true. I would have little moments where the spirit would bear witness to it truthfulness and I had the Faith to trust others and to live off their light. But it wasn’t until I was about 35-36 years old when I realized I CAN NOT live off borrowed Light. That is when I read the Book of Mormon for the first time from cover to cover. How reading that book with a purpose has changed my life forever!! Since then I have read it again cover to cover and it brings me great joy to know that the Gospel is true. That Jesus is the Christ and that someday I will stand in his very presence. It may have taken more than a third of my life to read the Book of Mormon, but I would not change my experiences for the world. My testimony is stronger because of those experiences.
7. Who has been a spiritual giant in your life? There have been many “Spiritual Giants” in my life, but the ones that have strengthened my testimony are my sister, and sister-in-laws. They have given me encouragement and have taught me through their examples that we should never to give up.

3 comments:
Thanks Kim for doing this. Isn't it great?
Bear den leader does NOT need explaining. That on is a busy busy one. I remember when I was a den mother. I was teaching the boys how to blow up a bike tire properly. The tire completed exploded. Of course they thought it was extremely cool. It made me jump out of my skin. So loud :)
Love your conversion story. Even though we may be baptized at 8, we all have to come to our own light. Your right. Great blog and thanks again.
I love reading these spiritual tags. I have never been to the Salt Lake temple! I'll have to try to get there sometime soon.
Wonderful tag! You are awesome!
Post a Comment