It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Monday, November 3, 2008

"I love you, a bushel and peck. . ."

Happy Birthday


I miss your hugs around the neck. Mom today is your 77th birthday and although you are not here physically to celebrate this special day with us, I want you to know what an influence you have been in my life. Through your example you showed me the importance of service. This service wasn’t taught by the callings you had, but through the small acts of kindness you showed to others. These small acts of kindness have trickled down generations. Gordon gave a talk, in church, a few months back in which he used you as his example. Gordon learned through your example the importance of serving the Lord by serving others.

I miss your weekly phone calls, but more times than not the phone calls were more on daily basis. Those phone calls were needed at the times I needed them the most. I knew that because you had survived 5 children (4 of them boys) that I could call you and you would have the answers I needed.

I miss coming “home” to visit. Thank you for making me soooo welcome in your home when I married your youngest child, Gordon. On many occasions I wanted to just pack up the kids and put them in the car and drive the 12 hours to see you and dad, but Gordon would always have to spoil everything by thinking logically. I especially loved visiting because you always made your “cinnamon knots” which my kids ask me to make on a frequent basis.
But there is one thing I miss the most and that is. . .


Your SMILE!!!!
We all Love you and miss you.
Happy Birthday.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky said...

what a nice tribute to your mother in law!
Happy birthday!

Vanessa said...

AWWW, how nice! I know you all miss her so much!

Shopkins said...

wow i learned so much about her! wish i could of have met her! Seems like an amazing woman!! Love seeing the pictures of them.

Diane said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mother in law. I worry about what life would be like without my parents around. I can't imagine how much you must miss them...