It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Friday, January 9, 2009

Am I Ready for This????

How many of you remember this movie?
Have you ever stopped to wonder what your life would be like, if DAD really was… MR. MOM?

Lately the role of MR MOM has become more of a reality in our home with Gordon cutting back his overtime hours and going to school full-time and with me starting a full time job. The only thing we are waiting for before the full-time MR MOM can go into effect is--MY RN license!!!

I have had mixed emotions about giving up my role as MOM--but as I have pondered what MR MOM really means , is no different than what we have been doing around here already. I know that Heavenly Father wants Gordon to finish his degree and I am ready to be the bread winner--for just a little while- but all in all I know it will work out.

The one thing I need to remember is--MOM's have big shoes to fill--I know that in many ways --Gordon's shoes will be big to fill. I just hope that while he is filling my shoes --this isn't how it is when I am gone...

AM I READY FOR THIS??

I know that there will be a lot of CALGON take me AWAY moments at this house, but I think it just might work.

I know Gordon will do an AWESOME job!!!

How do you feel about your man being MR Mom?

1 comment:

david mcmahon said...

This struck a chord. I am a parent of three - and yes, my boarding school years (very happy years, in a school run by Belgian and Canadian Jesuits) prepared me for the many facets of Mr Mom !!!