It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Monday, January 5, 2009

Warning. . .

My children often remind me that I do not Listen to them. Have you ever had that happen to you? I will be looking directly at them and they have the gall to say to me, "Mom you are not listening to me!" Can you believe that? I was looking directly at them as they spoke, I watched their lips move, but did I hear a word of what they were saying? Apparently NOT!
Another sad thing about my weakness of NOT listening. . .I think I do the exact same thing with Heavenly Father. I become so focused on the things that need to be done, that as soon as I say Amen, I get up and begin my day without even Listening to what the Lord wants to tell me.
Does anyone have any wonderful ideas that will help me to

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

What did you say?

Cynthia said...

I wish I did but I'm in the same boat. My ability to tune out their background noise is the stuff of legends around here. Sigh.

tammy said...

LOL at Vanessa.

Sometimes my best thinking and inspiration comes first thing in the a.m. while I'm in the shower. Other times I just have to have the quiet - turn off the TV while I'm cleaning the house, turn off the radio in the car - and just listen. Which is why I don't own an ipod. I can't stand the constant noise.

chelle said...

I am with Tammy one this. If I can have my time in the early morning, then I am much better at listening to the kids during the day. I find running in the woods with my dogs helps to clear my mind. It also helps me to get in tune with all that needs to be gotten in tune with. (did any of that make sense?)