It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Year in Review

I saw this idea on Jen and Mike's blog and stole the idea. I figured since I didn't start this blog until the middle of the year, I thought it would be fun to let you see what were some of the BIG things in our life throughout the year.
January--Kim passed her LPN Boards and became a Nurse!!!
Our beloved Prophet President Hinckley passed away.
February--Was a little sad. We put our 12 year old Zeke boy to sleep for forever. It was a very sad day.
Valentine's Day was spent playing in 2 feet of snow. The kids were excited because they got to have a SNOW DAY!!!!!
March--Kim got her very first job being a nurse working in Women's Services. Later on she moved to the Medical Surgical floor. SHE LOVES HER JOB!!!!!!
April--Finished up her last semester of nursing school!
May--Kim became one of the graduates for the Class of 2008 and walked the line to receive her Associate Degree of Nursing (with Honors) from Weber State University!!!
June--Suprised Grandma Kate with a suprise 60th birthday party. Even Uncle's Tim and Mark came. It was a fun time had by all.
Kelsey and Hailey went to girls camp and spent alot of time playing softball.
July--was spent up in Middle Canyon helping Brendon get his Montero out of creek bed. We believe he learned his lesson. (We hope).
The other part of the month was spent cruising the shores of Alaska. Yes, we went on a Alaskan Cruise with Kim's family.
August--Watching the Olympics and getting the kids ready to go back to school. Yes, August is still "The most Wonderful Time of the Year."
September--Do I need to say more? It is the beginning of the hunting season and Shane went on his first hunt. Shane shot his first chukar.
October--We spent in the hospital with Gordon due to his cellulitus. His hunting season soon came to an end, but for the young Hopkins--they spent the day up at Strawberry Reservoir doing a Cast and Blast.
November--Our country had Presidential Elections and Baraca Obama, the first African American won.
Let us not forget NKOTB.
Thanksgiving at our house, with visits from family. Now that was a BLAST!!!!!
December--Remembering the Birth of Our Savior Jesus Christ.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

tammy said...

That was fun to read. I don't even know if I can remember what happened last year. Good thing I was blogging so I can look back and see.

M+J=K3+E said...

I so don't mind that you used our idea because I copied it from someone else :) It was fun to read about your year :)

Vanessa said...

Holy cow! I made the year in review? SWEET!

On to 2009! I'm sure you will have a great one!

M+J=K3+E said...

P.S. I linked you. If you mind, let me know :)

Cynthia said...

Sounds like an eventful year. Here's hoping that 2009 will add more great opportunities to your lives.

Shauna said...

~HAPPY NEW YEAR~ I am now following your blog :) Have a beautiful Sunday! ♥ Hugs! Shauna