It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Thursday, January 15, 2009

WHEN. . .

The house is clean then I can . . . the laundry is put away I can . . .bills are done I can . . .I get home from work/chauffeuring kids around I can . . . I get some sleep I can . . .hubby is back to work I can . . .

Do any of you feel this way? I especially feel this way right now because I have set a date to retake my RN boards. To tell you the truth--I am scared, scared, scared!!! I see myself finding every excuse in the book NOT to open any books because I DO NOT want to go through the emotions of failing once again.

It seems like every time I think I will find some time study, feelings of inadequacy start filling my mind. The sad thing is these feelings seem to linger. I pray constantly for strength to overcome these feelings with the hope and faith that all will work out. But that AWFUL Satan wants me to have horrible feelings about myself and when I do, I crumble to his way of thinking when the slightest thing goes wrong. Let’s take Monday for example; you saw what my house looked like! I had marked on the calendar to study that day, do you think any studying happened? Let’s face it; no one could have studied in that mess! Tuesday, I did get some study time in, but as I was going over some questions—doubt and fear filled my mind. Although I was able to get some study time in, do you think it was productive? I went to work that night, had a GREAT night at work--easy patients--charting was completed and I actually went home on time. I came home slept for 3-4 hours but I could not find the energy to open a book to study for the exam.

I feel so OVERWHELMED!!!!! I feel frightened and I feel scared that once again I will let my family down. I feel so much guilt. Gordon should have quit his job by now, but because of my inability to pass this exam Gordon is still working and going to school full-time. I know many of you are saying to yourselves, what’s wrong with that? I know a lot of people who have done what he is doing. Gordon’s job and the strange hours he keeps are very hard on his body physically and he tends to not handle mental stress well at all so our goal was for me to take over as bread winner and he stay home and be MR MOM.

Although these times seem rather trying I do know without a shadow of doubt--this is what I (my family) am supposed to do. Even though I have a lot of questions (why has it been so trying? What do I/we need to learn? Why can’t I/we just learn what I/we am/are suppose to so I/we can move forward with our goals?) I know the Lord will show me His tender mercies as long as I am willing to counsel with Him, be obedient and have the faith to follow.

7 comments:

Jan said...

I do know those when this when that times. It does get overwhelming. I just know that you have such solid faith that you will find that place to place it all. You will find the tender mercies.

This is a universal truth of feelings that we women get from time to time. So glad we have a place to write about it and be understood :)

Erin said...

I'm so sorry for your difficulties right now! It is really frustrating when we put so much pressure on ourselves. Good luck dear.

And I love your background!

Becky said...

you can only do so much. relax, if you just do your part the Lord will make up the difference. Just do what you can do.
sing with me now "don't worry, be happy now" woooo hoo hoo hoooo etc etc

Vanessa said...

I know you will do well on your test and then things will get better! Hang in there and know I'm thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

I was blurking on your blog and saw some of my fellow blogging peeps. Wanted to say hi and say can I invite you over for a case of diet pepsi and let you do a total house makeover here too? That's impressive!

Anonymous said...

hang in there!

tammy said...

I know Satan is the one that gives us doubts and wants us to fail. Which totally makes me mad at him and want to fight back. hang in there!