It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Friday, February 20, 2009

Can it get any worse?

As I watch and listen to the ever changing face of our nation and world, my thoughts turn to my grandparents. Each of my grandparents lived through the depression and the ever changing times in our nation and world. Two of my grandparents served our country in WWII with my grandfather seeing much death and sorrow. I am sure their thoughts at the time were "could this get any worse?"

We are now living in a worse time than my grandparents, with my thoughts taking me back to a lesson I gave in November 2008. At the time this lesson was given, a new President of the United States had just been voted into office, the economy was failing fast and we, as a nation, started loosing faith in all that we have known for many years. I used the words of this video in this particular lesson and feel strongly that I need to share them with you.

We are a strong generation, we have been saved to usher in the Second Coming and Millennium, prophets testify that we have been saved for these the last days.

"Let us be wise in all things, and keep all the commandments of God, that our salvation may be sure. Having our armor ready and prepared against the time appointed and having on the whole armor of righteousness, we may be able to stand in that trying day. (see Ephesians 6:13)"

Wherefore, comfort one another, even as ye also do, for perilous times are at hand. . .Peace is taken from the earth in part, and it will soon be in a whole; yea, destructions are at our doors and they soon will be in the houses of the wicked, and they that know not God.

Yea, lift up your heads and rejoice, for your redemption draweth nigh. We are the most favored people that ever have been from the foundation of the world, if we remain faithful in keeping the commandments of our God." ~Prophet Joseph Smith

4 comments:

Jan said...

I think we are just at the tip of the iceberg. I know it is a time of strengthening each other. We are all in this together. Scary times ahead.

But I believe this. The wicked will destroy the wicked. Then good will prevail. I am watching that occur right before my eyes. It is just a matter of time.

tammy said...

I've listened to this many times over the past few weeks. It both comforts me and scares me. Scares me for what's ahead, and for my children. It's good to know they're the strongest of the strongest, but what are they going to have to go through?

Kim said...

Tammy--Right there with you. What are they going to have to go through--but what are we going to teach them for them to be prepared for what is to come.

PS--did you get a chance to watch Burn Notice? If so what did you think?

Becky said...

so you are teaching relief society? I bet you are a wonderful teacher-wish i could hear them. thanks for sharing that video, we have got so much ahead of us!