It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Thursday, February 19, 2009

EGD--Esophagogastroduodenoscopy

An endoscope is a flexible fiberoptic scope with a light that helps a physician see inside certain internal organs. When the scope is inserted through the mouth, the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and upper duodenum can be visually examined for any abnormalities or growths. A biopsy can be taken through the endoscope of any suspicious areas that are seen.
Who would have thought? The Queen of Stress has 2 ulcers and the MD did take some biopsies to make sure nothing serious was wrong. I am not to worried about the biopsies, but I am looking forward to not having the 12 to 15 hours of heartburn that come along with ulcers. Hopefully the omeprazole (prilosec) 2X a day will help heal these little babies and I will start feeling good once again.
Will be talking with MD in the next week or so about today's visit and what was found with the biopsies. Now to go get a little more rest.
The one thing I am most grateful for, a son who is willing to miss school to spend 3 hours at hospital while mom is being taken care of--Thank you, Brendon for taking good care of me.
Now off to spend the day watching Harry Potter.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Chambrae said...

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. I bet that is miserable, I get really bad heartburn with pregnancies and it stinks so I can only imagine the pain you must be in.

Hope everything works out all right!

Brendon seems like a great kid but I am sure most of that can be attributed to having a great MOM! Way to go.

Doug & April said...

Hi, I was clicking from blog to blog and ran across yours :) I've had a couple EGDs done. Prilosec works pretty well. I had a Gastro doc tell me once that sleep helps too. I thought she was crazy, but I did find that if I get too little of sleep over a 2-3 day span my stomach will actually begin to hurt. Go figure! Anyways, thanks for letting me crash your blog :)
I hope you feel better soon!

Jan said...

I hope everything works out okay Miss Kim. This sounds really unfun for you. Take care and let us know.

Hugs to you.

tammy said...

Well, that doesn't sound very fun! Hope you're feeling better soon.

M+J=K3+E said...

Good luck and feel better soon. Quit stressing out, easier said than done I know!

Becky said...

it is always nice to finally get some help for something so obnoxious! glad you have such a great son!