It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Thursday, February 5, 2009

Warning . . .

Challenges that tax our faith are usually opportunities to stretch and strengthen our faith by finding out if we really believe the Lord will help us.

~Sheri Dew~

The past 72 hours have been like that for me. TAXING!!!!! Monday I retook my RN boards and once again the outcome was the same as the other times before. Although this has been rough, I have been at peace. That may sound funny to many of you, but I know that this particular challenge will help to strengthen me. At this point I do not understand how or even why I am going through it--this I do know, that for whatever reason I am experiencing this trial the Lord will be by my side to guide and give me comfort.

I know that many of my family and friends fasted and prayed on my behalf. Thank you! I could not have gone through the test or the outcome without your prayers. As I was talking with my friend, Brenda yesterday, she shared with me a experience that her parents had while fasting and praying on my behalf.

As I was beginning to take my test on Monday morning at 8am she called her parents and she said "Dad, Kim is beginning her test right now, will you pray for her". Without hesitation he said "Yes." They hung up the phone and began their prayer. Not long after they finished their prayer Brenda's mom called Brenda and shared with her one of the most spiritual experiences that she has ever experienced. This experience is to sacred to share, but the message I would like to share with you is one of hope and unity.

As we pray and fast for others in unity having one purpose and goal, we will develop a love for that person(s). We will become more like our Savior Jesus Christ and with that love MIRACLES will happen. I know that the Lord's will, will be done. That no matter the outcome, whether our desire or the Lords, a greater love for others will develop in our hearts and minds and one day we will be able to take these sisters and brothers in our arms and share with them our joy and love for them.

My heart is full knowing many of you have prayed for me. Once again THANK YOU! I want you to know that I rejoice in the day when we can embrace with joy and gratitude.

I came across the picture below and found it very fitting for this time in my life.

I as so glad to once again write! I have missed my BLOGGING world!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

o Kim, you are just wonderful!! I've been wondering how you did, and it will happen sooner or later. There is always a reason for all things. Thanks for being such an awesome example of faith, and a big fighter! It will work out! thanks for your sweet words and testimony!! It was great seeing you other other weekend! Your family is just adorable! And I'm excited for you to blog once again! :)

M+J=K3+E said...

We are so sorry you are going through these trials, but are so impressed and admirable of your example and faith. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and know that you will make it to be a great RN someday!!!

Marc and Heather said...

You truly are an amazing example of faith. Thank you...

Becky said...

you are a great inspiration to us all. you know, we all have trials- and your words bless the rest of us as well as you.
may we all learn the lessons we need to learn!

Vanessa said...

DANG IT!! I'm sorry it turned out that way. You are such a great example to me and I appreciate your strong faith!

Next time for sure!

Cynthia said...

I am so sorry! But I'm also very proud of you for tackling that challenge as many times as you have to.

It's actually inspiring. I need to pass a board exam too in my profession. It's called the LARE (Landscape Architects Registration Exam). I have let it scare me so badly that I have never attempted it. I just need to TRY to pass it because that's better than sitting here not living up to my potential because I'm too scared to take and fail a test. A test I can always retake. Not much to lose but I'm just so skeered of it!

So I applaud you for confronting your fear and not letting it stop you from trying to get what it is you want. I need to learn from your example.

chelle said...

What a wonderful support group you have. That is a blessing. Thanks for being such a great inspiration. I am glad you are writing again too. m

Heather said...

I am sorry Kim. I am so impressed with your attitude. Many years down the road you will probably be able to look back and know why you had to go through this. Even though right now I am sure it is not fun.