
Yesterday, Shaila, from Da Berg was preparing for her Institute lesson. She had a dream. This dream consisted of a “Big Rig” and the “Highway of Life”. She had some great thoughts and ideas and asked for help with our thoughts and ideas. I did not share my response as a comment; instead I emailed her my response. Throughout the night my mind kept returning to this response. I am surprised that I did not dream about the “Highway of Life,” but I do know that I need to share this with you my friends. So here is my response to Shaila.
Along the highway of life, we will all have detours. These detours can take us many miles from our original destination or they can be the trials that will give us the strength needed to lead us back to our Heavenly Father.
How do you respond when you see a detour sign? Do you act like a follower and follow all the cars and the signs that have been mapped out for you? Or, do you see the detour sign and say to yourself, “I can do this one on my own, there has got to be a quicker way out?”
As we liken the detour signs to us spiritually, there are many who think the detour sign isn’t going to get them where they need to go very fast. Sometime the detour becomes a fun ride and the individual taking the detour thinks this fun ride will lead them to a happier place. But more times than not, these detours (unknown paths/destinations) become dangerous and bring much sorrow and unhappiness. It is only when we are diligent, and follow the detour signs (path outlined), that we end up getting to our original destination. It may not be the quickest route, we may be a little late, but when we follow the detour signs and use those signs as guide we are assured great rewards and blessings.
So which path are you willing to take? By following the detour signs (prayers, scriptures, going to church/temple, magnifying our callings. . .) we will find happiness. Or are you the one saying “I can do this one on my own" and finding a different path? If we do not follow the signs we may find ourselves not doing what is found on the list above and feeling lost and alone. It is only through our diligence and following the detour signs that we will be able to accomplish all things.
Mosiah 4:27
And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he hath strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.
And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he hath strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

5 comments:
Just another reason I think you are awesome. I loved that dream too. You are so right about the journey. Life is a Highway.....
I know. Great dream. And what a great way to share it, through blogging!
Great thoughts. I saw Shaila's post. I'm glad you posted this.
Way awesome thoughts Kim! Wow, I'm not sure you are going to want to hang out with me in bloggerland, I'm a spiritual newborn in comparison to your deep thoughts.
I still am pondering your Sunday post....had FHE on that whole scripture and quote from Elder Ashton by the way.
You are wondermous!
THANK YOU for posting this!!! You have wonderful insight!
I just want to add ONE thing one of my students said.... the carpool lane... take someone with you! Thank YOU for taking us all with YOU!!!
Post a Comment