This past Thursday was Camp Kick Off, for our stake. The Stake Young Women are going to be going up to Summit County and staying at the Heber Valley Camp. This year will be different, they will not be "roughing it" per say, but they will be staying in cabins with wooden bunks, running water and toilets. There will be all kinds of different activities for the girls to do during the week that will test them in ways they have never been tested. Although I am not going, my very good friend, Brianna is the Stake Young Women's Camp Director and will be there to experience these things with my daughters.
Since Brianna was put in as a Light Leader 3 years ago, she has been think about and planning this years camp. Brianna and I have had many discussions about different themes and ideas. Which is why I have developed such a love for this years YW Camp. I am sooooo excited for my girls. They will have the time of their lives.
This years YW Camp theme is based on a military theme. Like the military, these girls will have rules that need to be followed roll call, breakfast, drills, ropes courses, time with wards and personal time where each of the girls can search, ponder and pray.
The scripture that has been chosen for this year theme:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and have done all, to stand.
Ephesians 6: 12-13
The question that will be asked throughout this years camp:
"Would you have been in Helaman's Army?"
Brianna asked me to proof read her manual and the daily schedule. Upon reading the final draft, I was overcome by the spirit. The spirit testified to me that we, as mothers, and as women in the gospel, we need to ask ourselves the same question. Because if the final answer is not astounding
"Yes, I would have been!"
Then, how can we expect our children to want to join Helaman's Army?
As girls camp approaches and the next number of months pass, I pray that I may be stand firm in my convictions of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I pray for guidance to teach my children the importance of following the Savior and wanting to return home to him. I will be praying for my daughters that their experiences at this years girls camp will be another layer added to their foundation of the gospel and gospel principles.
I am thankful to our Stake YW Leaders and the LOVE they have for all of our Stake YW. The leaders will be blessed, but most of all the YW will be blessed because they will have AWESOME experiences to help them through their lives.
How do you take upon you the whole armour of God?
"Would you have been in Heleman's Army?"



4 comments:
I loved camp growing up, but I loved it even more this last summer as I went as a leader. I could see the girls growing and learning so much. As well as myself. And they will LOVE the Heber camp! Nicest place EVER!
Watch out boys scouts of America. That is the coolest theme and I love this big button too. Perfect in camo.
Helamans army would be a great surrounding of strong people. I hope that I would place myself there. So yes would be my hopeful answer.
Thanks so much for entering to win one of my photography packages on giveawaytoday! Good luck!
Emilie
Also check out my website www.photobyemilie.com
that is great! funy thing is, that is our theme--back to basics, army stuff. I need to get ahold of their script and schedule! we will have to chat!
Post a Comment