Ephesians 4:31-32
"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."
Today as we discussed in RS this scripture and how it can bring peace into our lives, the thought came to me that Charity is the key. When we "put away" the bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, evil speaking only to "replace it" with kindness, tenderheartedness, forgiveness and charity; it is only then we can have the pure love of Christ.
"Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make a part of yourself . . . Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don't judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone's differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn't handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another's weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us."
Marvin J. Ashton (May 1992, Ensign)
Little side note: Thanks Steph for sharing this on your blog. As I was preparing my lesson my thoughts kept coming back to this quote. I am grateful for your insight. Thank you—I sure do love you.

9 comments:
Wish I had been there. Could have used the lesson today. My 15 year old is usually the sweetest girl on earth, but today she was not. I needed some Charity to bring back my sweet Kallie.
Thanks for the post. You feed me. m
Thanks for a very good reminder!
Kim, thanks for sharing this. I wrote it down after I read it. It has deep personal significance to us right now because of some struggles that my sweet daughter is experiencing right now and it has been very consuming for our family.
I needed this.
Thank you!
Wow, thanks... ran across this somehow with perfect timing... seminary lesson on 1 Cor 13 tomorrow. Great thoughts.
Ruth
Thanks Kim...love your blog too... love your thoughts.
Glad we can follow each other's blogs.
Ruth
REAL CHARITY. GREAT quote!!! THANK YOU!
Thank you for sharing that wonderful scripture!! Hope the lesson went well! Its a great quote! Hope you are doing well! can't wait to see you guys!! Love ya!!
That is super Kim. I think I need to reread this from time to time. I love your thoughts on this.
I agree. That is sometimes the best gift of charity, and sometimes the hardest!
Post a Comment