My favorite speaker at TOFW was Emily Freeman. She was absolutely beautiful! She gave 5 suggestions or ways for each us to
"See a Good Day."
1. To see a good day--Change your perspective. She shared the example of Nephi and compared him to Laman and Lemuel. She also explained how they all experienced the same things such as they had the same parents, were in the wilderness together, met Laban and yet while Nephi rejoiced, Lamen and Lemuel murmured. We also need to learn to see and recognize the tender mercies of the Lord.
2. To see a good day--List what you love. List your blessing and the things that you are grateful for and bring you hope.
3. To see a good day--give your heart great experiences. Find joy in your days and learn to have an understanding heart. Don't be quick to judge, but see others through Gods eyes.
4. To see a good day--remember the special days. What are the special days and how do we remember them. She related a story of when her son received his mission call and she had the impression to take a picture of all the people that were there. This is something that she sent with him so that when he was having a difficult day, he could look at that picture and remember why he chose to serve a mission.
5. To see a good day--Determine the hope that is within you. Write a Hope "for" list and Hope "in" list (this came from Pres. Uchdorft talk April 2009 The Infinite Power of Hope).
As many of you know I was struggling with Brendon being gone. Can I just say Emily Freeman was the one that really helped me to see that I can make it through the sad days as long as I have hope and am able to see a good day the way Christ would want me too. I know that I was suppose in that room with 4,000 other women to feel not only of their spirit, but most of all be reminded that I am loved by Heavenly Father.

1 comment:
Beautiful thoughts. I'm going to look her up, I hadn't heard of her before.
I hope you have a fabulous day!
Post a Comment