It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 86 ~ Gratitude = Simplicity

small and simple things

Yesterday I had an experience with my visiting teaching companion that showed me that simple things do bring about great things.

We have have only been a companionship for a few months. We have had some difficulty in coordinating schedules, especially with one sister. On Sunday I met with the sister, we visit teach, and this is the impression I had; "my companion and I may not be able to physically 'meet' with her, but we need to let her know that we are thinking of her and love her. How are we going to accomplish this task when she doesn't even return phone calls?"

When I talked with my companion, the next day, about these concerns her answer was very simple. "Let's take her a meal to her so that is one less thing she has to worry about." That's it! I can't believe how simple! I love knowing that when we pray to find answers to our questions and concerns they are answered in simple ways. Thank you Heavenly Father, I am excited to see how it all turns out!

Today look for the simple things in your lives today and see what great things happen.

2 comments:

M+J=K3+E said...

I love Elder Uctdorf's talk...so good. Good luck with your dinner, I am sure she will LOVE it!

tammy said...

I love this. I've had times of frustration where schedules don't mix. I love your simple solution.