It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Friday, November 12, 2010

Day ~ 94 Gratitude = Simply Writing Words

"Sometimes Heavenly Father sends us opportunities that nearly take our breath away, and require that we gather everything we are, or desire to be — everything we have accomplished or are praying for — and place it all in his hands — then walk, as we never have before, by faith."
~Susan Evans McCloud

This past year the theme of our 1st Sunday lessons in Relief Society have been based off one of my favorite songs, "Lord, I Would Follow Thee." As I have listened and tried to absorb the spirit of this song I have felt the Lord speak to me. As He has spoken to me I realize that the words of this song are some of the very words that everyone feels at one time or another in their lives. I have also learned that I need to follow Him so that I can understand others and their needs through His eyes. I am ever grateful to the Lord for His blessing of gifts and talents to those who are simply writing words that assist others in their own growth. Because of the words in this song I have a desire and feel a need to be more like the Savior and the only way to be more like Him is to follow Him.

Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee-
Lord, I would follow thee.

Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee.

I would be my brother's keeper;
I would learn the healer's art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother's keeper-
Lord, I would follow thee.

Savior, may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I love my brother-
Lord, I would follow thee.

~Text: Susan Evans McCloud

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Beautiful post! I have had to take that walk before. For us it was whether or not we would ever be able to be parents. Ugh. I am pretty good at 'making things happen' in my life. Turning the second most important desire (spouse first) in my entire life over to him was the hardest choice I've ever made.

And soon after I finally subjugated my own will, we conceived the twins. Mysterious ways....

LKP said...

oh! i LOVE this song! and it's been so on my mind, as was indicated in my thoughts for you the other day. :) great friends are sooo in tune with one another, eh? have a wonderful monday!