It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 85 ~ November = Gratitude

I LOVE the month of November. I start feeling a rejuvenation and a desire to become better. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it is the month of gratitude and thanksgiving. Maybe I can legitimately listen to Christmas music (without being ridiculed). Maybe it's the Lord's way of softening my heart so that I will be more aware of the blessing he has in store for me. Maybe, it teaches me how important it is to give thanks for those blessings I've been given. Maybe it's because the lesson I will be teaching this month in Relief Society is
" . . . do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive?
Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love"
~President Thomas S. Monson~
I want the doors of heaven to be unlocked and feel Gods love!
My prayers have been answered. As I was going through my google reader this morning and saw Keely's most recent post over at The Gusty Ranch. This month she is doing an experiment and is encouraging anyone to pick up the guantlet and join in on a month filled with gratitude. I am hoping that through this month I will be able to recognize the gifts given to me by the Savior and in turn be grateful for the blessing because they have been a gift from God.
This is what I am grateful for today.

Salt Lake Temple

I am so grateful for the temple because the temple helps me to become a better individual.

P1020608

I am thankful for Bethany, my friend of 15 years, who will wake up in the still of the darkness and of course no makeup to go to the temple. Just to spend time with me and Lord.
I am blessed!

3 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Love your gratitudes. It echoes mine!
You are so beautiful!

LKP said...

woo hoo! love love love the temple! remember how i was feeling the whole time i was in utah? yeah, that's how i feel in the temple too. i'm thinking, besides it being the Lord's house, because the veil is so thin there. (:
::hugs::

Da Bergs said...

yeah, you are so blessed... we all are. We just need to be still and know...