It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 102 ~ Gratitude = Simply Heeding the Warning

(picture from KSTU)
You could hear the "buzz" in the air. Co-workers, patients, family members of patients were a "buzz" about the approaching storm. I even found myself looking out the window to see what all the noise was about. As I stood in front of the window, I could see the giant flag across the street blowing to and fro, I could hear the wind howling, and all I could think about was "did the media make a bigger deal out of this 'blizzard' than needed to be?"

As the evening progressed and the storm arrived I started hearing of crazy drivers acting as if they had heard the end of the world was coming. How many times have we heard, "prepare, every needful thing? . . . get your house in order?" Well, as I was driving home from work I was astonished to see barren roads. As I approached ST Road 201 and 7200 West the amount of vehicles were almost down to nothing and it continued into Tooele. When I arrived home safe and sound I told my family, "I drove down the middle of the road all the way home." That is unheard of, but people had headed the warnings. They left work early in anticipation of the approaching storm. I felt blessed that others had listened (because it wasn't an option for me) so that I could drive down the middle of the road with
Christmas music blaring.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it home safely!! I always drive down the middle of the roads too!! Your such an inspiration to me!! I love your gratitudes!! Yes, the media did make it bigger than it needed to be!!

Vanessa said...

Very good analogy. I was thinking that I'm glad it wasn't as bad as predicted.

I'm glad you made it home ok.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Pretty crazy weather for sure! It's so bitter cold right now.

Crazy day in the ER here, gt to "enjoy" it tomorrow as well.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving my friend!
HUGS!