Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
- Lao Tzu
For years my left was discontent. Why? I was comparing where I was in relation to those around me. I know, pretty sad. I spent the hours and days wishing and hoping for a new life or maybe just a new a direction that would lead me away from my feelings of dissatisfaction. As I began to see and feel a change in my life, I realized that the words found in Alma (29:3) were echoing within my heart;
"I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me."
As I have started to take the time to be "content" and "rejoice" I am seeing that I "lack nothing" and I have the "whole world" at my fingertips.
I am grateful to a merciful Lord that has alloted me time to live, learn and grow so that I may return to Him with a feeling of content because of the things He has so graciously blessed me with.
Are you content with what you have? Will you be glad and rejoice in it?


1 comment:
I realize I really am much happier when I am just content. Am I always content though? No. Sometime I need to work on.
Post a Comment