It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day ~ 95 GCBC/Gratitude = Simply To Become Like Him

“Reflections on a Consecrated Life”
D. Todd Christofferson
Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

"What stands out to you as you study this talk? Is there anything you learned here that you had not considered before? What did the talk make you feel or want to do?
Please share your thoughts in the comments below. If this is your first time to General Conference Book Club, click here to learn more about it, and then join us."
~Stephanie at Diapers and Divinity~

This is one of the talks that really made me stop and re-evaluate my life because. As I listened, the one quote that stuck out to me both in conference and this past week is:

"True success in this life comes in consecrating our lives—that is, our time and choices—to God’s purposes."

As I have pondered this quote over the past week, I have developed a greater understanding of it's truth. The Lord wants us to succeed. He wants us to be happy. When we consecrate our lives by following the commandments and doing the simple things he asks of us, we find happiness. Why do you think we are happier? Are you happier when you are doing the simple things? As we are obedient, we are consecrating our efforts to become more like him.



I will have to admit, some days are much easier than others. Some days are much harder to do the simple things and follow the commandments, but it's the simple things that really assist us in consecrating ourselves to the Lord. Because if we aren't "choosing" to use our "time" wisely then how can we consecrate our lives to his will
TO BECOME LIKE HIM

2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

One of the things I work on the most. Being like Him on Sunday is easy.
Some times in the "busyness" of life...it's not such an easy process.
But that is exactly what it is....a process.

Stephanie said...

I think you're right. It's so much more simple than it seems.

And Kim, PLEASE forgive me that I have not mailed your stuff. The gift card was lost. I finally found it, but I have not made it to the post office. I promise you I will send it as soon as I can get back on top of my life. It has not been an easy few weeks for me.