Yesterday was an absolutely CrAPpY, hOrRiBlE, HeLlIsH, rOTtEn, one of the worst days at work that I've had in a long time. No, know one died or shipped off to the ICU, but it was a day that started a little off kilter and ending up a lot off kilter.
In the midst of dealing with an unhappy patient, our Chaplin looked at me and goes, "You are full of miracles." REALLY?!?!? I was forgetting things and making mistakes left and right. How could this day have any miracles? As I slept on this thought, with a new day full of possibilities on the horizon, the miracles will happen. I guess I should be grateful that there were miracles.
1. No one died.
2. No one was shipped off to ICU.
3. By the time I left the "unhappy" patient seemed to be "happier" because of "3" POWERFUL women.
4. I made it home to my family in one piece and was able to unwind while watching Law and Order SVU.
5. I learned a new crochet pattern for a baby blanket.
Just to name a few. As I leave for work with a new day ahead, I see that there are miracles. Miracles that can't be seen until I was willing to see them.
In the midst of dealing with an unhappy patient, our Chaplin looked at me and goes, "You are full of miracles." REALLY?!?!? I was forgetting things and making mistakes left and right. How could this day have any miracles? As I slept on this thought, with a new day full of possibilities on the horizon, the miracles will happen. I guess I should be grateful that there were miracles.
1. No one died.
2. No one was shipped off to ICU.
3. By the time I left the "unhappy" patient seemed to be "happier" because of "3" POWERFUL women.
4. I made it home to my family in one piece and was able to unwind while watching Law and Order SVU.
5. I learned a new crochet pattern for a baby blanket.
Just to name a few. As I leave for work with a new day ahead, I see that there are miracles. Miracles that can't be seen until I was willing to see them.

4 comments:
I hate those bad days! good thing you got that out of the way for the year, now on to good days!
Glad the day ended. Sometimes that's all you can get.
I remember reading an article about a chaplin that went around to the various areas of the hospital and blessed the nurses hands. It was pretty touching. Sometimes you need to stop and look at your hands.
Look at what they do. Not only in your career but as a wife and mom.
They are a miracle.
I completely forget to look for the miracles as I get caught up in my daily grind. Good reminder. Thanks.
i loved this post. (sorry i've been away sick-AGAIN!!!!)
and i love tauna's comment. it's true, your hands are a miracle in and of themselves. just like the Savior's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFibyjcyYsE
also, my thoughts are turned here:
"Savior may I learn to love thee, Walk the path that thou hast shown, Pause to help and lift another, Finding strength beyond my own...
I would learn the healer's art. To the wounded and the weary I would show a gentle heart..."
(Hymn #220)
so, that chaplain was correct. you are full of miracles! :)
::hugs::
Post a Comment