It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 57~Learn to Dream

To any one who played or coached the game of football . . .
you can't beat the feelings,
the memories,
or the men who have been built between the lines.
A team of individuals all pulling together to achieve the same goal . . .
each doing their part . . .
rising to overcome individual adversity, . . .
aches, pains, or even fear.
Putting in the blood and sweat to share in the defeat or in the triumph.
I am proud to have played with, coached, and call my friends . . .
those who are
"The Boys of Fall"
~Craig Meridith: Murray High School-1984 and U of U football team: 1984-1986~

I love the anticipation associated with the night of Friday. Yes, I am strange, but I love a good high school football game. I love to watch the determination of each team and their dedication to their school which in turn is bigger than themselves. I love to watch and listen to fans, as they watch for just the slightest gleam of hope and anticipation that this play is going to be one that will be remember and passed down for generations to come. As you can see I am looking forward to tonight's football game. Stansbury (Stallions) vs East (Leopards) #5 ranked for 4A schools in our region.

I am excited to see what this night will bring and hope that it will bring a VICTORY for the Stallions and our community. That is what I have decided football is all about. It brings people together for a common cause, it brings us together when we watch "a team of individuals all pulling together to achieve the same goal . . rising to overcome individual adversity, . . .aches, pains, or even fear." This is what makes football, football. This is what helps individuals

Learn to Dream

1 comment:

LKP said...

you're not alone. i love football season. NFL is great & all, but i'm kinda over it at this point in my life. never was very big on college ball. but i LOVE LOVE LOVE high school football, where the community comes out. the sounds & smells...the conversations. being so close to the actual game & these kids' dreams...yeah it's the absolute best.
went to our local HS game last night. we lost but it was worth every minute. =)