It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary . . .



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DAY 66~ BE STILL AND KNOW

"Be still" is probably one of the most difficult tasks for me. Most of the time I am to busy with the hustle and bustle of life and then I realize I am going a million miles an hours. Those are the times when I need to take a few minutes to just "be still" and listen. It sure can be hard sometimes, but when I am "still" I am so happy I did. Many of my prayers have been answered when I am able to "be still."
“Be still, and know that I am God” Palsms. 46:10

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I don't do so well with the 'be still' thing either. I always think I know better. My prayers are usually answered when my mind is elsewhere. The answer just hits me like a ton of bricks out of the blue. I've been praying about it, of course, but the answer comes when I'm not sitting there 'listening'- probably because I'm so distractable.

LKP said...

ooh! one of my fave scriptures of all time!!!!
being still is something i've been working at my whole life. no joke. even when i was a kid, that was what my parents harped at me over the most: "be still!" or "sit still!"
it's a work in progress to be sure. great book that i've been going through for some time is "Simplify: a guide to caring for the soul" by carolyn j. rasmus
the second chapter is on stillness and it is my FAVE part. pick it up if you get the chance!

::tuesday hugs::

Karen Mello Burton said...

My problem is that when I find myself wanting to be still, I usually turn on the TV or listen to music. I need to learn to be still and ponder important things.