June 27, 1990
I married the
MAN OF MY DREAMS!!!!
1. Where did you and your husband meet? At work. Gordon's, Uncle Jim, had recently hired the both of us to work for the pipe fitting company that he was manager of by the name of Maskell-Robbins.
2. How long before you kissed? Don’t fall off your chairs, our first date.
3. Who kissed who first? To be honest, I think it was a mutual understanding.
4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? From the first time we met, or from the first date. Let’s go with the first date, it will make it more interesting. We went out on May 2nd and announced our engagement May 27th. So all in all 3 weeks.
5. How did he propose? To be completely honest, we were sitting in the living room of my apartment spilling our guts to one another when I said, “how does September sound to have a wedding?” To my amazement he agreed and we were married 4 weeks later.
6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? I picked the ring.
7. Do you still like the ring? No, not really. Wish it was a little simpler. I still can’t make up my mind as to what I want.
8. Where was your wedding and reception? The first or second time? Let’s go with the first time. We were married civilly first, at the Murray Mansion, located in Murray, Utah, with a reception immediately following the ceremony. The second go around, was exactly 1 year to the date when we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple for Time and All Etermity.
9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? 2 bridesmaids, with my maid of honor being my sister, Amy.
10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses?
2. How long before you kissed? Don’t fall off your chairs, our first date.
3. Who kissed who first? To be honest, I think it was a mutual understanding.
4. How long from the time you met until you were engaged? From the first time we met, or from the first date. Let’s go with the first date, it will make it more interesting. We went out on May 2nd and announced our engagement May 27th. So all in all 3 weeks.
5. How did he propose? To be completely honest, we were sitting in the living room of my apartment spilling our guts to one another when I said, “how does September sound to have a wedding?” To my amazement he agreed and we were married 4 weeks later.
6. Did he pick out the ring or did you? I picked the ring.
7. Do you still like the ring? No, not really. Wish it was a little simpler. I still can’t make up my mind as to what I want.
8. Where was your wedding and reception? The first or second time? Let’s go with the first time. We were married civilly first, at the Murray Mansion, located in Murray, Utah, with a reception immediately following the ceremony. The second go around, was exactly 1 year to the date when we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple for Time and All Etermity.
9. How many bridesmaids did you have and who was your maid of honor? 2 bridesmaids, with my maid of honor being my sister, Amy.
10. What color were your bridesmaid dresses?

11. What was your bouquet made of? Beautiful flowers. Some real. Some fake. I do not know the name of flowers and can not remember what any of them are called so here is a close-up of my bouquet, I think it is beautiful!
13. Did you cry during your wedding? NOPE! NADA! NOT ONE BIT! I wasn’t the sap I am now. If I was to get remarried now I would bawl like a baby.
14. What style was your dress? The dress I used was borrowed from my friend, LaVon. The dress had a princess waist-line with ruffles and lace.
15. Was your wedding kiss sweet or sexy? How about Sexy/Sweet! As he was kissing me he dipped me back and brought me up with the most sensual kiss! It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!
16. Who caught your bouquet? Rachel, our 10 y/o niece. She even got $5.00 out of the deal. Then at Rachel's wedding 11 years later, my daughter, Kelsey caught her bouquet. Sorry to say, she didn’t score on the $$$$$.
17. What flavor was your cake? I can not remember the actual flavor, but I do know that it was some type of yellow cake.
16. Who caught your bouquet? Rachel, our 10 y/o niece. She even got $5.00 out of the deal. Then at Rachel's wedding 11 years later, my daughter, Kelsey caught her bouquet. Sorry to say, she didn’t score on the $$$$$.
17. What flavor was your cake? I can not remember the actual flavor, but I do know that it was some type of yellow cake.
18. Did you smash the cake onto each other's faces or feed it to each other nicely? I will have to admit, I wasn’t very nice to him, and then he was teasing me and finally I let him get a try and at first he was nice then all of a sudden he totally smashed the cake in my face. It was fun!
19. What was "your song" that you danced to at your wedding? I honestly don’t remember what song we danced too as "our" song, but we did have the song “The wind beneath your wings” as "our" song, sung to us during the ceremony by Gordon's cousin, Chris. It was wonderful!
20. What did you serve your guests to eat?
Bite sized sandwiches, fruit, veggies, nuts, cake, punch---good but simple!
20. What did you serve your guests to eat?
Bite sized sandwiches, fruit, veggies, nuts, cake, punch---good but simple!
21. What did your friends do to decorate your car? Nothing! We asked Gordon's cousin, Todd, to take our truck to the hotel before anyone could get to it. We were lucky because we had a limo that drove us to our hotel.
22. What was your favorite wedding gift? We were Poor! Money!
23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? I can’t think of one, everything we got we needed or gave away as wedding gifts to friends who were getting married.
24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We went to his parent’s house. I know, I know what type of honeymoon is that? Well, when you’re poor and getting free loot you do whatever it takes. Plus, we were waiting until we could go to the temple to celebrate. Trust me we did! We went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and had a great time.
25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? First off, I would have made sure to be temple worthy! I would have had my hairdresser now do my hair and make-up. I would have had my own dress instead of borrowing it. Last thing, I would have done a bridal portrait and engagement pictures. That would have been fun!
22. What was your favorite wedding gift? We were Poor! Money!
23. What was the worst wedding gift you got? I can’t think of one, everything we got we needed or gave away as wedding gifts to friends who were getting married.
24. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We went to his parent’s house. I know, I know what type of honeymoon is that? Well, when you’re poor and getting free loot you do whatever it takes. Plus, we were waiting until we could go to the temple to celebrate. Trust me we did! We went to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and had a great time.
25. Looking back, is there anything you would have changed about your wedding? First off, I would have made sure to be temple worthy! I would have had my hairdresser now do my hair and make-up. I would have had my own dress instead of borrowing it. Last thing, I would have done a bridal portrait and engagement pictures. That would have been fun!
I will have to admit, this has been one of the funnest posts I have put together in long time. When I saw this idea on Kelly's blog, I started feeling a little guilty because I had not done anything to acknowledge that we had just celebrated such a mile stone. 20 years and counting!
It has been fun strolling down memory lane and seeing how much we forget just by the passage of time. Please forgive me if I couldn't remeber certain things about that particular day, just know this
My Love for the Man I married over 20 years ago will never ever be forgotten, it has only grown deeper and deeper.
I am so glad that I asked you to marry me Gordon. It is a decision I have nor ever will regret.
I Love You!








8 comments:
What a wonderful post! You look soooo young.
Congrats!
Did you know that grey & pink were all the rage this season for wedding colors?
It ALL comes back!
I know, I do look young. Wish I still looked that young, but with age comes a very unique beauty.
Nope, didn't know that gray and pinks were the "in" thing, but who would've guess that 20 years ago it looked good then too?
Yay i loved this post! I had no idea about any of this! 3 weeks?! holy cow!! :) You guys are awesome. Loved seeing the pictures! Hope to see ya'll soon!
happy belated anniversary!!!! =)
so much fun, huh?
Fun to learn more about you! I love all of the pix!
And I totally would have been there if Grandma Jean hadn't rolled the 4 wheeler over the top of us.
Love the pics!
I love your darling pictures!!! You are a beautiful bride!!!!
Loved reading about it.
3 weeks before announced engagement huh?
AWESOME!
Post a Comment