Today marks my 60th post in over the past 2 months. Can I just tell you WOW!! The things I have felt and learned not only from my blogging, but from reading yours and others blogs are undeniably a gift or better yet a "tender mercy" from the Lord.
Over the past couple of weeks I have been reflecting upon something I wrote, as comment, on Kelley's blog. As I left my comment, I was overcome with great emotion going, "where did that come from?" As I have pondered how the Lord has been in the details of my life, I have seen first-hand how He works and wants each of us to know He is there for us, each and every day.
This may better explain the above. Here is an excerpt from a letter I wrote to Brendon last week:
"This past week has actually been the BEST week I have had in long, long time. What I mean by that is: There is a lady that lives in the Tri-cities in Eastern Washington that I have become bloggy friends with. She does a post every week on "What I Believe" and for the last 3 wks she has done a post entitled "What I Believe: I Can Do Hard Things Including . . . Forgiving." As I have read her struggles, what she has learned and how she has applied the atonement I learned something about myself. You and I both know I have been mad at Grandpa for a long, long time. Last week as I read her post I had an epiphany here is the comment I wrote to her.
'Thank you for sharing your story, it strengthens others. No one knows better what we are going through than the Lord. His timing is everything. He knows when we will be willing to listen, hear and most of all feel when to "let go." I have been doing something similar, but my grudge, hurt, and disappointments have been going on for many, many, many years. I have been searching for a way, an answer of some sorts to forgive. I know I have to, but sometimes the hurt is the only thing that keeps me going and connected somehow to this person (my dad). I know it sounds strange, but I fear that if I let all the above go, I will lose my dad forever. (WOW!!! BIG AHA MOMENT RIGHT HERE! With tears streaming down cheeks something I need to consider.) Thanks. Love you girl!'
After I wrote that comment, I started pondering the implications that are associated with the power of forgiveness. What will I gain if I finally "let go" and "forgive" Grandpa for changing the rules that he set? What and how I react to him not wanting to talk to me is something that Grandpa will need to take of care later, but I am required to forgive! That is the bottom line. As things started coming to mind, my walls started coming down and I could actually feel my heart soften, my mood changed and I felt happy and my step actually became lighter. AMAZING! The power of the atonement and forgiveness actually work! And through all this I have been about to feel the Saviors love. His love for me!
Son, I share this with you because I want you to know that this, right here is one of the hardest things I have had to do and that is allow myself to "let go" of the pain, actually feel the hurt and move on. Through all of this, you have been at the front of my thoughts. You, of all people need to know this about me. I feel right now you are in a place that is soooo goood that you can truly understand, and if you don't, I know you will ask the Lord to help you understand. The thing is I don't want to lose you because of all pain and anger I feel. I want to be FREE of pain and anger and be full of peace, joy, happiness and love!"
Here is what I would like each of you to know as I read your blogs and feel the connections somehow with each of you. As I have read over my past blog entries I have seen how just leaving a simple comment has aided me in some of the grandest discoveries of my own. To each of you I am ever grateful for your beautifully written words. Words that you may not have understood why you writing them, but to me they have been the jewels that I have needed and have given me a connection somehow to a place I wasn't willing to visit. And somehow those words were exactly what I needed to hear.
Thank you for sharing a part of you, with me and the rest of the blogging world. It is wonderful how others are able to connect and find the answers they need from strangers who become friends.

3 comments:
kim...oh my...words fail at the moment.
i'm so grateful for our friendship.
you have helped me more than you know too. reading your comments is like running a race, and having you along side the course cheering me on....when it's gotten blurry you've, without knowing, stepped in beside me to help me continue running.
thanks so much.
your son will understand, soon.
thanks for the heartfelt tears, and encouraging remarks. not to mention your strong spirit.
(:
I love this post. There are truly some great friendships that I've made through blogging. At times I've felt closer to some bloggers than others depending on what each of us was going through at the time, but I know that Heavenly Father gave us technology for a reason and one of those reasons is to strengthen and support one another while building lasting friendships.
what an absolutly beautiful post.
It is truly amazing the miracles and tender mercies that our Father in heaven and Jesus Christ pour out on us each day.
I am so glad I found your blog.
Only the best
Post a Comment